Here’s why we need the
Supplemental School Support Levy!
Education Matters! Kids Matter!
There is a crisis in funding K-12 education in Washington. As such, we need
our community’s support for CK schools and all of our students.
- If there is one thing we need to do well, even in the depths of this
recession, it is educating our children. The future of these students, our
community and the economy depend upon it. The education we provide today
will last a lifetime.
- The cuts to education are real and they are deep which is why we turn to
you to ask what you want to do. We cannot continue to cut more and then
live with the consequences. As a community we are all in this together. We
now know that the cuts will be so devastating that some of our students may
not ever recover. Imagine classes or co-curricular activities that are
currently available to our students no longer being offered!
- While Central Kitsap hopes to keep as much of the current program as
possible, there is much at risk of being reduced or eliminated including
advanced placement classes, music, class sizes, transportation,
co-curricular activities such as drama, sports and more. The Supplemental
School Support Levy will not maintain everything—but it will help lessen the
damage made by the loss of almost 18% from the district’s budget over the
past six years.
- Every staff termination notice delivered means more unemployment in our
community, significantly reduced learning opportunities, and more likelihood
that a student will not have the tools he or she needs to compete in the 21st
century economy. A good education is our future, which is why we need you to
give a little more.
- We’re not just asking for more money. We need your time, your energy,
your emails and your friends. Our team is gearing up again after back to
back campaigns – AND we are as passionate as ever that we need to rally our
community for our schools.
- We are asking the CK community to do all that they can do to alleviate the
current funding crisis: Contribute—consider a $10 donation or more;
Volunteer—ask others to “like” our Facebook page or visit our website;
Fundraise—email your friends and ask them to donate, and remember to Vote
- You can find CK Kids Matter at the two media sites below. Your
contributions will help us raise awareness about this crisis in funding our